COVID-19 Safety Requirements For Visitors, Contractors & Parents To Enter School Facilities
Pursuant to the Granada Hills Charter (“GHC” or the “School”) COVID-19 Safety Plan, this Policy addresses the School’s COVID-19 safety requirements for visitors, contractors and parents to enter school facilities.
The purpose of this Policy is to protect the health, safety, and well-being of all School employees, students, families, and stakeholders to the maximum extent possible, and to facilitate a safe and productive environment for in-person instruction. This Policy shall be implemented in a manner that is consistent with current federal, state, and local law, as well as applicable public health guidance, including that from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and the California Department of Public Health (“CDPH”) as well as local public health authorities and authorizing agencies.
Policy This Policy replaces the Policy Regarding Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Visitors, Contractors & Parents to Enter School Facilities. This policy will go into effect on August 1, 2022 and will remain effective until further notice. The School will provide impacted individuals with information regarding any change in operational logistics as a result of this Policy.
School partners, vendors, contractors and any other adults (including parents) who refuse to comply with this Policy will be excluded from campus pending compliance with this Policy, consistent with applicable law.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
In order to enter any School facilities, all visitors must adhere to the following COVID-19 health and safety protocols at all times when visiting any GHC campus:
- All visitors must make an appointment with the appropriate office, possess a ticket to a scheduled event, or be approved by an administrator or designee to enter campus.
- All visitors, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status, adhere to all applicable COVID19 health and safety protocols at all times when visiting any GHC campus, including the School’s current requirements regarding facial masking.
- Visitors who are meeting with Granada Hills Charter staff indoors or who are attending an indoor event must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, consistent with applicable law. Exemptions are not permitted.
- Visitors who are meeting with Granada Hills Charter staff outdoors or who are attending an outdoor event are not required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Visitors who are meeting with Granada Hills Charter staff must sign in upon arriving to campus and shall provide their name, phone number, email address, and location of the visit.
- Granada Hills Charter is required to adhere to the Los Angeles Unified School District’s COVID-19 Employee Vaccination Requirements (adopted November 16, 2021 and attested to by the School on April 22, 2022) that any adult visitor to any GHC campus who is providing services to or for the School (i.e., vendors, LAUSD partners, contractors, et al.), must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. More information on this topic is available in LAUSD Board Report No. Rep-117-21/22. GHC acknowledges that this requirement is subject to change by LAUSD, and that any modification the School makes to this policy will adhere to the current LAUSD requirement.
- Acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination includes the following:
- A COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (issued by the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control & Prevention or WHO Yellow Card) which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided and date last dose administered); OR
- A photo of a Vaccination Record Card as a separate document; OR
- A photo of the Vaccination Record Card stored on a phone or electronic device; OR
- Documentation of COVID-19 vaccination from a health care provider; OR
- Digital record that includes a QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader displays to the reader client name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type; OR
- Documentation of vaccination from other contracted employers who follow these vaccination records guidelines and standards.
Non-GHC visiting student athletes and other non-GHC student performers are exempted from the vaccination requirement while on the GHC campus, only for the duration of the event in which they are participating. All participants must adhere to the School’s competition or event specific COVID-19 safety requirements enumerated by the School or mandated by local health authorities or sports governing agencies.
Failure to follow the GHC COVID-19 health and safety protocols constitutes noncompliance with this Policy.
Proof of vaccination shall not require the individual to submit any medical or genetic information to the School. It is such individual’s responsibility to ensure their proof of vaccination is free from medical and genetic information.
The School shall strictly maintain confidentiality of all COVID-19 vaccination data and related medical information, other than reporting the results to federal, state, and local health departments or agencies, only where required by law.
Continued Health and Safety Protocol
Consistent with the School’s health and safety protocol, including its COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy and COVID-19 Injury and Illness Prevention Plan Addendum, and until guidance from federal, state, and local public health agencies is revised, all School partners, vendors, contractors and any other adults (including parents) must continue to abide by all COVID-19 health and safety protocols, regardless of vaccination status. This includes but is not limited to continued use of facial coverings and quarantine/isolation protocol.
Testing For all School partners, vendors, contractors and any other adults (including parents) who wish to enter a school facility, such persons must currently be subjected to testing for COVID-19, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status.
The School will not discriminate, harass, or retaliate against any individual for receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, refusing to receive to the COVID-19 vaccine. However, the School reserves the right to enforce non-compliance with this Policy, consistent with applicable law.
As public health and legal guidance regarding COVID-19 vaccinations evolves, the School reserves the right to revise this Policy. Upon any revision to this Policy, the School will provide immediate notice in writing to all stakeholders. Adopted by the GHC Governing Board on July 25, 2022