STUDENT DRESS CODE: All students shall be required to show proper attention to personal cleanliness, health, neatness, safety and suitability of clothing and appearance for school activities. In every case the dress and grooming of the student shall be clean and shall not:
a. Cause actual distraction from or disturbance in any school activity or actually interfere with the participation of a student in any school activity.
b. Create a hazard to the safety of himself/herself or others.
c. Create a health hazard.
GHC's dress code is in effect during all school functions, on or off campus. Any student who violates the dress code as described below will be subject to disciplinary action, which is equal to one hour of detention per offense. Fifth offense will result in a one-day suspension.
- No tube tops/dresses/rompers, halter tops/dresses/rompers, off the shoulder tops/dresses/rompers or spaghetti strap tops/dresses/rompers can be worn not even with an over shirt. No see-through blouses.
- No visible midriffs, cleavage or underwear including but not limited to bralettes.
- No shorts, skirts and/or dresses shorter than fingertip plus one inch.
- Any type of stretch pants including but not limited to: tights, leggings, yoga pants, etc. must be accompanied by a top and/or bottom (shorts/skirts) that is at minimum thumb length.
- Holes and tears in jeans and pants must be lower than dress code length.
- No shirts with slits on the side that expose the chest.
- Pants must be fitted as not to sag so low that underwear is showing. Shoes must be worn at all times.
- No clothing or accessories depicting violence, drugs, alcohol, the use of offensive/obscene pictures or language, weapons, or symbols that represent and/or associate with offensive/obscene organizations of any kind, or gang attire.
- No inappropriate accessories such as pocket chains or spikes, and only official Granada hats allowed on campus.
- Granada hats may not be worn in classrooms or offices, nor may they be worn backwards. Hoods may not be worn.
- Students are not to wear hair rollers, bandanas or wave caps. For additional information, see the heading “Hats” in this section.
- No spikes in ears that could cause serious injury