Dear Granada Hills Charter Families and Staff:
I trust this communication finds you and your family safe and healthy. With the start of the 2021-22 school year fast approaching on Thursday, August 12, 2021, I am writing to convey important health and safety reminders and updates, including required COVID-19 testing, the option to provide GHC with proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, and COVID-19 vaccination clinics on campus.
As we communicated earlier, to ensure the health and safety of employees and students, there are numerous directives that the School must comply with, such as COVID-19 testing and quarantine/isolation protocols. To comply with legal and public health directives, all staff and students who report to campus to work and learn, respectively, must do the following:
- Complete a baseline COVID-19 test within 14 days prior to the first day of work or classes.
- Participate in COVID-19 surveillance testing throughout the year.
- Participate in COVID-19 testing when symptomatic for COVID-19 or when exposed or in “close contact” to a confirmed COVID-19 case.
- Wear a facial mask at all times and in all places on campus except while eating or drinking, wash your hands frequently, and complete the daily health screener before entering campus.
Information about the student daily screener and free COVID-19 testing on campus, including dates, times, and Fulgent registration, may be found here.
COVID-19 Testing and Vaccination Updates
When the school year begins, please note the following:
- All staff and students, including those who are fully vaccinated, are required to take a baseline COVID-19 test prior to returning to campus for working or learning.
- COVID-19 surveillance testing will continue for students and staff who are learning or working on campus.
- As an exception, students and staff who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will not be required to participate in the weekly COVID-19 surveillance testing program. However, they will be required to participate in the periodic COVID-19 surveillance testing program.
- Staff and students who are working or learning on campus, and who have not provided GHC with proof of vaccination will be required to participate in the weekly COVID-19 surveillance testing program.
- Regardless of vaccination status, all staff and students who are working or learning on campus must participate in COVID-19 testing if they are symptomatic for COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated staff and students who have an exposure to or “close contact” with a confirmed COVID-19 case will not be required to isolate or quarantine as long as they remain asymptomatic.
In the coming days, the School will provide additional updates and reminders regarding our COVID-19 testing program and daily screener program.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination to GHC
At this time, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement to be on a GHC campus. However, for those staff and eligible students who wish to be excused from the aforementioned COVID-19 testing schedule, or to forgo quarantine/isolation after a COVID-19 exposure, they must provide the School with proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
To email proof of vaccination to GHC
- TK-12 Staff: Send to Karla Diamond, HR Manager, at email@example.com
- TK-8 Students: Send to TK8CovidVax@ghctk12.com
- High School Students: Send to HSCovidVax@ghctk12.com
To submit a paper copy of proof of vaccination to GHC
- TK-12 Staff: Deliver to Karla Diamond, HR Manager
- TK-8 Students: Deliver during scheduled orientation/tour session.
- High School Students: Deliver during scheduled registration appointment.
For students, please include with your proof of vaccination your full name, date of birth, grade level, and student identification number.
However, staff or students who decline to provide such proof must undergo all COVID-19 testing directives, as outlined above, subject to legally recognized accommodations, and must quarantine or isolate after exposure to a confirmed COVID-19 case. GHC will maintain all staff and student COVID-19 vaccination data in a confidential manner and strictly limit access to all such data, in compliance with federal and state law.
Vaccination Clinics on Campus
GHC continues to strongly encourage all eligible individuals to vaccinate for COVID-19. To that end, the School has partnered with Southern California Medical Center to make voluntary COVID-19 vaccinations available on campus to all staff and eligible students. The free vaccination clinic for GHC staff, students, and family members will take place on the Zelzah Campus August 2-6 and 9, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The on-campus vaccination clinic schedule can be found here. Additional information will be communicated in the coming days.
Thank you for your continued patience and support. Do not hesitate to reach out to the administrative team at the TK-8 or the High School if you have any questions or believe we can be of assistance to you. We are looking forward to a safe and successful 2021-2022 school year.
Brian Bauer, Executive Director
 An individual is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when he or she has received, at least fourteen (14) days prior, either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine.  Proof of COVID-19 vaccination means
- A paper or electronic copy of an employee or student’s COVID-19 vaccination card, disbursed post-vaccination, OR
- Documentation of COVID-19 vaccination status issued by either the California Department of Public Health (“CDPH”) or another local public health agency.