Dear Granada Hills Charter Staff and Families:
Due to evolving public health conditions, beginning Monday, August 2, 2021, all staff and students, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, who are working or learning on campus must participate in ongoing weekly COVID-19 surveillance testing. This decision is in accordance with the most recent guidance from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH) and the Los Angeles Unified School District's (LAUSD) requirement for independent charter schools operating on LAUSD-owned property. 
Additional health and safety requirements remain in place:
- Do not report to campus if you are sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Baseline COVID-19 testing is required for all staff and students, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, within 14 days prior to the first day of work or classes. Please see COVID-19 student testing schedule here.
- GHC campuses remain closed to guests and visitors.
- Facial masks are required at all times on campus except while eating or drinking or when alone in a classroom or office.
- Healthy distancing should be maintained as much as possible.
- Frequent hand washing should take place as much as possible.
- HVAC systems (all equipped with MERV-13 filter or equivalent) and portable air purification units (available in all classrooms and offices) must be turned on when students or staff are present.
GHC continues to encourage all staff and eligible students to vaccinate for COVID-19. The greatest protection against COVID-19 and the Delta variant is vaccination. For the latest information on free COVID-19 vaccination clinics on campus available for GHC staff, students, and families, please see here.
Although not a requirement at this time to be on a GHC campus, proof of COVID-19 vaccination may be provided to GHC.
To email proof of vaccination to GHC:
- TK-8 Students: Send to TK8CovidVax@ghctk12.com
- High School Students: Send to HSCovidVax@ghctk12.com
- TK-12 Staff: Send to Karla Diamond, HR Manager, at email@example.com
To submit a paper copy of proof of vaccination to GHC:
- TK-8 Students: Deliver to the TK-8 nurse beginning Thursday, August 12 (first day of classes).
- High School Students: Deliver during scheduled registration appointment.
- TK-12 Staff: Deliver to Karla Diamond, HR Manager
For students, please include with your proof of vaccination your full name, date of birth, grade level, and student identification number.
Working together, with each of us doing our part, we can maintain a safe and positive work and learning environment for our staff and students. Remember that students return for the 2021-2022 school year on Thursday, August 12, 2021.
Thank you for your patience and support.
Brian Bauer, Executive Director
 Although our Devonshire campus is GHC-owned, the Zelzah campus is owned by LAUSD. As one TK-12 school, GHC has one health and safety plan with policies that apply to all students and staff.