This post provides important registration information for TK-12 both returning and new students.
Grades TK-8 Program
Parents and guardians of students in the Grades TK-8 program will receive an email containing student registration information for the 2023-2024 academic year starting July 12.
Grades 9-12 Program
All new students must attend Summer Transition Academy (STA) as attending STA is a GHC Board-approved graduation requirement. Students who do not complete STA will not be able to participate in the GHC graduation ceremony or earn a GHC diploma. STA begins on July 1, 2024, and ends on July 19, 2024. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
Parents and guardians of rising students in grades 9-12 students attending a Summer Program, you will receive an email containing student registration information for the 2023-2024 academic year tentatively starting June 26, 2023. For students not taking a Summer Program, emails containing student registration information will start by July 12.
Students who do not complete summer registration will see their class schedules dropped until registration is completed, and may permanently lose that specific schedule of classes dependent upon student demand.
- Students must register in person. A photo ID is a required part of the registration process. Therefore a parent or sibling may not take the student's place.
- Registration must be completed in order to receive your schedule, student ID card, and locker assignment (if applicable).
- Students who need program changes must contact their counselors the same day immediately following registration; program changes after school opens will be limited.
Note: If you do not complete registration prior to the start of school your class schedule will be dropped. You will be unable to attend class on August 14 until registration is completed.
For returning students and new students who have already enrolled:
Summer Registration Dates for 2023-24
8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Tuesday, August 1
|Grades 10 and 11||
8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Thursday, August 3
|Grades 9-12 Makeup Day||
8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Tuesday, August 8
8:30 - 11:00 a.m.
August 9, Grades 9 and 12
August 10, Grades 10 and 11
Registration will be completed during Summer Transition Academy (STA) and schedules will be distributed on the first day of school.
|Grade 6 (Camp Granada)||
August 4, 7, and 8
Returning students attending summer school will have the opportunity to register during the summer. The dates available will be July 10 and July 11. Information will be provided on the Annual Registration email guardians receive starting June 26.
During the summer break, not all counselors are available on a daily basis. However, we do have a “counselor of the day” available to respond and to meet with you via google meets. If you have questions or concerns that need immediate attention, please email the Counseling Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check the Counseling page for additional information. Depending on your inquiry, you will be contacted by the counselor or the counseling office assistant within 24 hours.
The first day of school for all students is Monday, August 14.
- Students who fail to report to school on August 14 risk losing their programs.
- Program changes requested after school opens will not be made until all newly enrolled students have classes.
- Grade 9 students who need program changes must make an appointment online to see a counselor after school opens.
- All program changes must be requested and completed before Permanent Program Day, September 1. Program changes will not be processed after this date without a drop-fail in the class.
Note: Counselors will not see students who enroll after August 10 until the first day of school.
Textbooks & Instructional Technology
Note: Please continue to check your GHC email throughout the summer for additional information, including the list of textbooks checked out to you and dates for textbook return.